For the cupcakes
- 100 g all-purpose flour
- 45 g graham crackers (digestive biscuits)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Pinch salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 150 g butter
- 65 g sugar
- 65 g brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 90 ml buttermilk
- 75 g yogurt
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla
For the chocolate frosting
- 100 g whipping cream
- 75 g chocolate
- 30 g heavy cream
For the chocolate drizzle sauce
- 50 g chocolate
- 1 tbsp coconut/vegetable oil
For the topping
- Handful marshmallows
- Crushed graham crackers
For the cupcake
- Preheat oven to 180C and line your cupcake tins with cupcake liners.
- Finely grind the graham crackers (digestive biscuits) in a grinder and sift it together in a bowl with flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Keep this dry mixture aside.
- In a glass, mix in buttermilk, yoghurt and vanilla and keep this wet mixture aside.
- In a separate bowl, add in butter, sugar and brown sugar, and beat it using a hand mixer (or simply a whisk) until light and fluffy.
- Turn the speed to low, and mix in the eggs, one at a time.
- Next, alternatively, add in the dry and mix until fully incorporated.
- Pour this batter into your lined cupcake tins, 2/3 way full.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes clean.
- Let them cool completely before frosting.
For the frosting
- Using a hand beater, beat the whipping cream until stiff peaks form. Keep this in the chiller until use.
- In a saucepan, heat the heavy cream until it just boils. (you can do this step in a microwave too)
- Pour this hot heavy cream over the chopped chocolate, and let it sit for about a minute or so.
- Stir it thoroughly to incorporate the chocolate, and microwave if any chocolate bits are not fully melted. Your chocolate ganache is ready
- Fold in this chocolate ganache with the previously whipped cream until fully incorporated.
- Fill it in a piping tip with your desired piping nozzle.
For the chocolate drizzle sauce.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, add in chopped chocolate and oil, and heat in 30-second intervals, stirring between each, until completely melted.
- After the cupcakes have completely cooled, frost the cupcakes with prepared frosting.
- Using a piping bag or a spoon, drizzle on the chocolate sauce.
- Toast some marshmallows using a blowtorch or over a gas flame.
- Top the cupcakes with toasted marshmallows and crushed graham crackers.
I’ve been wanting to make a S’mores cupcake since FOREVER! I keep seeing them on Pinterest and some of my favourite blogs but I wasn’t sure how I’d go about it…
Essentially, S’mores is 3 ingredients: graham crackers, chocolate and marshmallows.
So, this S’mores cupcake is a moist graham cracker cupcake, frosted with chocolate whipped ganache, topped with toasted marshmallows (yUmmmM) and graham cracker crumble, and drizzled with dark chocolate (extra yummM)
I mean, it’s drooling only to look at those toasted marshmallows and chocolate drizzle🤤
More great news? These S’mores cupcakes are up for order! Just click to order, and get your very own box!