Mini Gingerbread houses
- 350 g all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch salt
- 175 g brown sugar
- 125 g butter
- 1 egg
- 80 g honey
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger juice
- In a large bowl, using an electric hand beater, cream together the butter and brown sugar for 3-4 minutes.
- Add in the egg and and honey and beat again for 1-2 minutes.
- Sift in the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Now, using your hands, bring together the dough. Add the ginger juice in this process.
- Form 2 cookie dough balls and wrap it in cling wrap.
- Refrigerate for atleast 1 hour for maximum flavour, but preferably overnight.
- After chilling the dough, roll it out to about 1/4 inch thick.
- Using the template sheet attached above, cut out the shapes using a scale and knife.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes and let it cool completely before decorating.
- Use royal icing to first decorate all your house elements
- Then, stick together all your elements using royal icing and let it dry completely.
This gingerbread house recipe works perfectly- it does not spread and holds its shape!
And the most fun part about it is that you can decorate it the way you want!
ANDDD you can eat it as well!
And I also went one step ahead and made a quick chocolate cake with some leftover white chocolate ganache frosting. The recipe for my chocolate cake can be found here
Let me know about your experience in the comments section below.