Chewy Chocolate chip cookies
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC and line your baking tray with parchment paper
- In a small bowl, sift the flour and baking soda and set aside.
- In another bowl, combine the butter and both sugars and whisk together for at least 5 minutes.
- Add the egg, salt and vanilla extract. and whisk for until 1-2 minutes.
- Now add the flour and baking soda mixture, and mix until just combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips/chunks
- Drop heaping tablespoon-size balls of dough about 2 inches apart on your baking tray
- Bake until cookies are golden around the edges, but still soft in the center, for about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, and let them cool completely, for at least 30 minutes.
- Store the cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for upto 1 week
- Make sure all your ingredients are at room temperature
- This recipe is for soft and chewy chocolate chip cookies. However, if you like your cookies a little bit on the cakey side, you can simply replace the baking soda in this recipe with baking powder, add 2 extra tablespoons of flour and 4tbsp for brown sugar rather than 6tbsp
- If unsalted butter is not in hand, you can just use regular salted butter and exclude the salt in this recipe
- Make sure you combine the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. This is a crucial step.
This is THE most foolproof chocolate chip cookie recipe everrrrr
And it requires the most basic ingredients!
You can also make large batches of the cookie dough and freeze it for later- just double or triple the recipe