For the crust
- 125 g biscuits (I used digestive biscuits)
- 55 g butter [1/4 cup]
For the cheesecake filling
- 250 ml heavy cream [1 cup]
- 110 g cream cheese [1/2 cup]
- 42 g castor sugar [1/3 cup]
- Zest+juice from one lemon
- 1.5 tsp gelatin powder
- 1 tbsp boiling water
- Strawberries for topping
For the crust
- In a food processor, add in the digestive biscuits and mix until they are fine
- Empty the crumbs in a bowl and add the melted butter. Mix well.
- Add this to your springfoam pan and press it down well using the back of a glass, until it covers the entire surface of the tin*
- Keep it in the refrigerator while you prepare the cheesecake filling
For the filling
- In a large bowl, whip the cream for 2-3 minutes, until soft peaks form and keep aside.
- In a separate bowl, add the cream cheese and sugar and whisk together well
- Dissolve the gelatin in the boiling water and add it to this mixture
- Add in the lemon juice and zest and mix well.
- Fold in the cream until well combined.
- Pour in this mixture into the prepared baking tin
- Refrigerate for atleast 5-6 hours, and preferably overnight.
- Top it with sliced strawberries
This cheesecake recipe is so so simple!
And perfect if you are planning a dessert to serve the next day
It is sure to wow your family members and guests, because this dessert is a crowd pleaser!
However, if you do not have cream cheese on hand, you can also check out my paneer cheesecake recipe here!