Blondies - white chocolate brownies
- 100 g [1/2 cup] butter
- 170 g [3/4 cup] sugar
- pinch salt
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 egg -lightly beaten
- 140 g [1 cup+1 tbsp] all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 80 g [a large handful] roughly chopped white chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC
- Grease your baking tin and line it with parchment paper.
- Sift your flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a bowl, and keep it aside.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and remove it off the gas once melted.
- Whisk in the sugar, using a whisk, until the sugar is well combined.
- Once this has cooled down a bit, add in the egg and the vanilla essence and mix until well combined. If you want a crackly top, whisk for a longer time.
- Switch to a spatula and add the flour mixture in 2 batches, to avoid any lumps, and mix until just combined.
- Stir in the white chocolate chunks and spoon this batter into the prepared tin.
- Using a spoon, or your spatula, even it out.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, at 180ºC.
- Leave it to cool for at least 15 minutes before cutting.
- Once cut, it can be stored in an airtight container for upto 5 days.
When I first heard about white chocolate brownies, I knew I had to try making them..
This recipe is so easy, there is nowhere you can go wrong!
The buttery taste, the chewy texture…
the first time i made these, my cousin sister, (who was on a diet, by the way) ate 2 big pieces, because she couldn’t resist herself after the second one!
the second time i made these, my teachers went gaga over it, and one of them even took some of it home for her kids!
Since then, it has been my go-to sweet treat, because A) IT IS SO EASY TO MAKE and B) it tastes like heaven
You literally need just a saucepan, a large bowl and a whisk to make this!
Do let me know in the comments if you tried this recipe