- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 110 g butter [1/2 cup]
- 110 g castor sugar [1/2 cup+ 1 tbsp]
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tbsp milk
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC and grease your cake tin
- In a bowl, sift together the flour and baking powder, and set aside
- In a large separate bowl, cream together the butter (softened) and sugar, until light and fluffy
- Add the eggs and milk and beat for another 1 minute.
- Using a spatula or a wooden spoon, fold in the sifted flour and baking powder
- Add the lemon zest and juice, and mix well.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
A classic lemon cake is a recipe that everybody must try! And recipe is the only lemon cake recipe that you need!
It is such a versatile recipe- use it for single layered cakes, lemon cupcakes or even a layered lemon cake!
Super moist and melts in your mouth, this cake is a must try!