Coffee Walnut Butter cake
A buttery cake loaf, with subtle hints of coffee, complemented perfectly by walnut.
- 100 g [ ½ cup] butter
- 80 g [6 tbsp] castor sugar
- 2 eggs
- 90 g [ ¾cup] flour
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- 20 g [2tbsp] milk
- 1 tsp coffee powder
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup roughly chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven at 320°F / 160°C.
- Sift the flour and baking powder. Set aside
- In the mixing bowl, add in the butter and sugar. Mix it on low speed using a hand mixer for 2 minutes until the sugar disappears. Then increase the speed to medium and mix for 15 minutes.
- It is important to mix the butter and sugar well, until its light and fluffy, which you will see in 15 minutes.
- Add in the eggs one by one, and mix until the yolks disappear.
- Add in the sifted dry ingredients spoon by spoon. This is another important step to make a good butter cake.
- Dissolve the coffee powder in warm milk.
- Add the milk and vanilla extract and continue mixing for 3-5 minutes.
- Pour the batter into a baking tin and add the chopped walnuts on the top.
- 10. Bake for 50-55 minutes at 160°C.
- 11. Check after 50 minutes if a toothpick inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean.
- 12. After taking it out of the oven, cool the cake for 20 minutes and then slice
• Use a hand mixer/stand mixer throughout the mixing process. • To make sure the cake is light and soft, mix the butter and sugar well, for atleast 15 minutes. • Butter cakes take a long time to bake, so do not open the oven before 50 minutes
This recipe is a great version of a pound cake.
it just melts in your mouth. After all, its a butter cake!