No-bake granola bars
- 1.5 cups oats
- 2 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 2 tbsp chopped almonds
- 3 tbsp home-made butter*
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- handful of chocolate chips [optional]
- Line a baking tin with parchment paper, and keep aside.
- In a saucepan, roast the oats on low heat, for about 10 minutes, stirring often.
- Add the roasted oats, sunflower seeds and almonds in a large bowl and mix well. Keep aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl, add butter, honey and sugar.
- Heat the mixture for 1 minute, and stir well. If not combined well, heat for another 30 seconds.
- Add this to the oats mixture.
- add in the vanilla essence as well.
- Using your hands, mix everything well together
- Add in the chocolate chips, and mix well
- Put this mixture in the baking tin, and press it down well using the back of a glass.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours, or preferably overnight, before cutting them into bars
Once you make these granola bars at home, you will forget about the packaged ones!
These are so filling and chewy- you just can’t stop eating them
And this is a recipe that you can customize in so many ways! I like to add almonds, sunflower seeds and chocolate chips in mine, but you can literally add any nuts and dried fruits!
Feel like adding in walnuts? Add them!
Like the tang of cranberries? Add some dried cranberries!
Want your kids to eat more of these? just drizzle some chocolate on top!
The chocolate drizzle makes you want to eat these bars more and more
And without any guilt!
Because all the ingredients that go into this are healthy!